Cass County Barn Quilts

Barn Swallows Flying

This barn was built in 1882 by William Wilheim to house eight horses and had stanchions for milking at least six cows at a time on the lower level. There is a section for hay feeding by the manger. The hay is stored on the upper level. There are six bins for grain storage with access to the lower level. The wood roof was replaced with metal sheeting several years ago; at which time, the original cupola was removed and not replaced.
Oral and Lucille Kuehn
308 298th Street, Elmwood
Bits and Pieces & More